As you know, potholes are a huge concern in our communities, and this past winter was especially tough on our roads. We are working diligently to report and escalate your complaints about potholes to City staff.
City map of concentrations of pothole service requests for 2017. The City repairs an average of 210,500 potholes per year.
While the City spends $171 million per year on road repair, maintenance and rehabilitation, I fully support an increased focus on fixing our roads and I believe we can do more.
To address the backlog of unfilled potholes, we will:
- Have 25-30 City crews across the city filling potholes from Monday to Friday, 6am-6pm
- Repair potholes within 4 days of receiving a complaint
- Dedicate a member of my office to focus on potholes and road conditions
- Launch a "Ward 15 Street Team" to conduct a ward-wide audit of road conditions
- Urge local residents to report any potholes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 416-392-4027 or 311
I want to thank everyone who has contacted our office to let us know about potholes and road conditions, but we still need your help. You know your local streets best and we need you to continue to report any potholes. Together, we will improve our local roads.