I would like to invite you to a public session on Wednesday, June 20th to update the community on the redevelopment of Lawrence Heights.
It's exciting to see years of planning, consultation and hard work come to life. To celebrate the ongoing progress of the Lawrence Heights Revitalization, there will be a community event next week that I'm hoping you'll attend:
Lawrence Heights Community Event
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Location: Lawrence Heights Community Centre (5 Replin Road)
Lawrence Heights Revitalization Progress Report
- Construction: Construction of the new condo building and rental building continues near the Ranee Avenue entrance to the Yorkdale TTC Station. This phase will be followed by construction of the 48 new TCHC townhouses and 54 market townhouses, expected to start in early 2019. A new City road will also be built during this next phase.
- Zachary Court Buildings: Construction is nearly complete. Finishing touches (e.g., flooring, kitchen cabinets, landscape work) are currently underway. Our new neighbours are scheduled to begin occupying the building in October 2018.
- New Heights Court Buildings: Excavation is almost finished, and construction work will start soon. Early 2020 is the expected move-in date for this building.
- Relocation: TCHC is beginning the next round of relocations of existing residents. In October 2018, residents from the previous relocation round will be returning to the newly constructed building.
- Parks and Public Art: A new linear park will be constructed along the Allen Road upon the completion of the first two buildings, and a new community park is being planned for the next phase of the revitalization. Public art proposals for the Ranee Avenue underpass and along the Allen Road are also proceeding.
Please join me at the community gathering on June 20th for more updates on the Lawrence Heights Revitalization and other local area initiatives, and to share your questions and comments.
Please contact email@example.com or 416-392-4027 for this and other City-related matters.
To view the PDF version of the flyer, please click here, or click the images above
City Councillor, Ward 15 Eglinton Lawrence