For Immediate Release
July 25, 2018
Councillor Josh Colle announces his retirement from municipal politics
Today, Councillor Josh Colle announced he is retiring from municipal politics.
The Ward 15 Eglinton-Lawrence Councillor and Chair of the TTC has decided to take a job in the private sector when the 2014-2018 term ends.
"I am thankful to have served the hardworking residents of Ward 15, Eglinton-Lawrence over the last eight years," said Colle. "We have been able to renew every single park in the ward, make vital infrastructure investments, enhance local transit service, beautify many of our public spaces, successfully advocate for a station at Oakwood, and bring the revitalization of Lawrence Heights from a vision to reality."
As TTC Chair, Colle has helped champion many key transit accomplishments including:
- Introducing the Kids Ride Free for children 12 and under
- Restoring bus routes and expanding service on routes across the city
- Introducing a network of express bus routes across the City
- Advancing work on the Line 2 and Relief Line subway projects
- Getting the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension project on track and open last year.
- Approving Time-Based Transfers so passengers can ride the TTC for two hours with unlimited on and off privileges
- Overhauling the TTC's capital projects delivery program
- Purchasing hundreds of new buses and building a new bus garage
"I am extremely proud of everything we have accomplished over the last four years at the TTC," said Colle. "I firmly believe in public transit and am glad we have improved our transit system each and every year since 2014."
Before being elected in 2010, Colle worked in Toronto’s financial services sector, the transportation industry, and served as Vice President of an energy and infrastructure firm.
Mayor Tory thanked Colle for serving as TTC Chair.
"I want to thank Councillor Colle for helping us usher in an era of progress and modernization at the TTC," said Tory. "I wish Josh all the best in his career as he leaves City Hall and thank him for his public service as a dedicated Councillor and TTC Chair."
For media inquiries:
Dominic Stewart, 416-338-7136, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the PDF version of this press release, please click here or the image above