Final Report on Rezoning Application for 82 townhouses will be presented to the NYCC on August 12, 2014. With this application, local developer and Friends of the York-Beltline member, Royal Park Homes will be voluntarily helping us make improvements to the trail
Published May 6, 2014 - The applicant for 396 – 404 Hopewell Avenue has just submitted revised plans for a townhouse proposal at this site.
Since I first hosted a pre-planning meeting with residents, the applicant and city staff back in January 2012, improvements have been made to the proposal in order to better integrate the site with the surrounding beltline park and neighbouring community, including:
- The number of townhomes proposed for the site has been reduced.
- A public walkway will provide direct access to the York Beltline trail for local residents and park users.
- Side yard setbacks have been increased to create greater space between neighbouring properties on Hopewell Avenue.
- Additional setbacks and landscaping improvements have been added at the rear of the site next to the beltline.
- A central mews configuration within the site will create a community feel.
- Trees will be planted along Hopewell Avenue.
- All parking will remain underground within the site.
- Improvements to the York Beltline trail will be made as part of the development.
With this resubmission the review process from the City Planning Department will resume and eventually a public report will go to North York Community Council. I will continue to keep residents updated on this application. If you have any questions about this or any other City related matter, please contact my office at 416-392-4027.
Published January 1, 2013 In 2011, an application to construct three storey stacked townhomes arranged in four blocks with a total of 99 units and underground parking was submitted. A public meeting was held in February 2012 and comments from residents and City Planning staff were sent back to the applicant for consideration.
Since this time, a new owner has acquired the property. They are currently in the process of re-submitting a proposal for the site to City Planning. I recently met with the new owner and requested an additional community meeting to inform residents of any significant changes to the site. I will keep residents updated as soon as I have any additional information.